I have realized that I need to let more go to feel more balanced in my life and my families lives. So here is my list of things I am learning to let go. Enjoy!
I am choosing to let go....
1. that all the toys need to be picked up before I go to bed. We all know they are going to get up and dump them everywhere again in the morning anyway.
2. that my decorating project realistically won't get finished in one day and that they usually make another mess.
3. that some days I am not going to put a check next to everything on my "to do" list.
4. that its ok that I didn't sign my almost kindergartener up for any extracurricular activities this summer. She starts school this fall and I want to savor every moment with her.
5. of my kids watching a couple extra shows in the morning while I try to get some things done around the house. Hey, its usually educational! :)
6. my hair looking even close to decent on any given day. Ha, who am I kidding? I am lucky to get a shower everyday.
7. every time I go to the grocery store I don't have to use coupons. Shocker! I usually have 3 kids with me and couponing with them can become a nightmare quickly. So sometimes I choose to avoid that.
8. that I don't have to take my kids somewhere to have fun with them. I can entertain them and create cool memories from our own home.
9. that I can't commit to tons of things. I will only commit to things that I can follow through with and right now I understand that it won't be a lot.
10. of the fact that sometimes I do need help and its ok to ask for it.
Wow! That's a lot of letting go going on! Stay tuned to see what else I figure out as I intend to live a more purposeful life for myself and my family.