CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies



This past weekend I decided to pull out my trusty, old Betty Crocker Cookbook for a good cookie recipe. I knew it needed to be GF and just assumed that I would have to alter it a lot to get it to taste good. That was NOT the case! I found a recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies that called for an all purpose flour. If you remember we posted about that not long ago and you can get that recipe Here.  This was a perfect chance for me to swap out a wheat flour for the Gluten Free all purpose flour blend. I will say, the cookies turned out DELICIOUS (you can ask Amey if her son ever got any of the cookies I made him) :) and they did not require Xanthum gum!
So here it is, and thank you Betty Crocker! ;)

Peanut Butter Cookies
Gluten Free Flour Blend Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup shortening
  • 1/4 cup butter or stick margarine, softened               
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 1/4 cups GF all purpose flour blend
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • granulated sugar

  1. Heat oven to 375*
  2. Beat 1/2c. granulated sugar, the brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, butter and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
  3. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls (**Note**I found that smaller size was better because they seemed to spread quite a bit once in the oven). Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten into crisscross pattern with fork dipped in granulated sugar.
  4. Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until light brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
I think these GF cookies taste pretty close the the flour kind! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment